An election authority may establish a program to permit a person who is not entitled to vote to be appointed as an election judge if, as of the date of the election at which the person serves as a judge, he or she:
- Is a High School Senior or Junior;
- is a U.S. citizen;
- has the written approval of his or her parent or legal guardian;
- has satisfactorily completed the training course for judges of election;
- Maintain at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 Scale;
- Resident of Sangamon County
Prior to appointment, a judge qualifying under this subsection must certify in writing to the election authority the political party the judge chooses to affiliate with.
High School Principals are contacted by the election office prior to each election to provide qualifying students applications, which must be signed by the student’s parent/guardian.
Qualifying students should NOT complete the application on this website, but should complete the Application for Student Election Judge, which also can be obtained from your principal.
Click here for a Student Application