Did You Know You Have The Right To...
- Cast your ballot in a non-disruptive atmosphere free of interference
- Protect the secrecy of your ballot
- Request assistance in voting, if needed
- Receive a new ballot if you make a mistake or change your mind (prior to it being deposited into the ballot box)
- Have your ballot counted fairly and impartially
- Vote if in line by 7:00 p.m.
- Cast a provisional ballot under certain circumstances
- Cast a Federal Offices Only ballot, in federal elections, if you have moved within Sangamon County MORE than 30 days prior to the election and failed to re-register.
IF YOU BELIEVE YOUR RIGHTS HAVE BEEN VIOLATED CALL THE SANGAMON COUNTY ELECTION OFFICE AT 753-8683.
There are heavy penalties for: electioneering within 100’ of the polls, hindering a voter who is going to vote, inducing a voter to tell how he/she is going to vote, showing a ballot after it has been voted, or making a false statement on any affidavit or other form required to be completed at the polling place.
Voters should report any unusual activities, irregularities or any other kind of fraud or corruption to the Judges of Election or the Sangamon County Election Office at 753-8683.
Notice to Voters Who Registered by Mail
If this is the first election you are participating in and you registered by mail on or after January 1, 2003 and did not provide ID, you will be required to show ID prior to voting. Acceptable forms of ID include: current and valid photo identification, current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other document that shows your name and address. If you are unable to produce identification, you may cast a provisional ballot.